Friday, May 15, 2009

poems for father's funeral - these are the essentials

Finding reputable and comprehensive funeral information can make the process at least bearable and organized. If you are very close to a person who has recently passed on, chances are you will be attending their funeral.

While such responses are fairly common, there's really no cause for worry. On the day of the funeral my uncle came and stood by my side as I read the funeral poem and I was so glad that he did, I thought that my heart was going to jump out of my chest, it was pounding that hard. Many short poems exemplifies the theme of reassurance to the living that death is not the cessation of life but a continuation.

Many times we just don't know how to realize that they are home, home with God. While it's probably not wise to crack jokes, a little humor will help to lift the spirits of those attending the services. Typically, a eulogy runs around five to ten minutes in length.

If you find it hard to think of moving things to say, you may want to look at various sources for inspiration or short quotes to include in your speech. It is a chance to help others begin the transition to a life after the person's passing.

No comments: